What are advantages to mediation?
• It is voluntary
Joint decisions are made on issues relating to;
• the children schooling etc.;
• custody and access after the divorce ;
• finances during or after the marriage;
• Expensive litigation is avoided
• The emotional stress of divorce is minimized
• Conflict is reduced by parties working together through a mediator
Mediation is a process where people appoint a third party to help them resolve disputes between themselves: Mediation is not a court hearing. The mediator is not a judge. Mediation is not counselling or therapy.